The Human Resources Manager role at Aberdeen Dynamics is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full Human Resources support to the organization in Tulsa, OK. The role is critical in executing our initiatives, providing internal customer support, partnering closely on EHS initiatives and driving Human Resources functional excellence and process improvement. The Human Resources Manager will support a multi-function site consisting of approximately 140 employees in the Tulsa, OK area. This position will report to the President.
- Provide staffing support and workforce planning to all departments within Aberdeen’s business units. The staffing support will consist of the opening and management of new requisitions for full time positions, phone-interviewing candidates, participating in in-person interviews, and communicating with candidates. Workforce planning will consist of managing the ratio of full time to contingent labor based on the current business climate.
- Provides employee relations assistance, exercising considerable judgment and discretion in handling inquiries, either responding on your own when appropriate or escalating as required.
- Assist in ongoing HR related projects such as: Refining job descriptions, updating policies and procedures, driving and improving the annual performance review process, succession planning, and other HRIS related projects.
- Aid in the evaluation, development, and implementation of HR/Payroll/Safety programs, functions and activities.
- The HR Manager will provide strategic input into site operations, coaching leaders on all aspects of the employment life cycle, role model the behaviors needed for engagement with employees, and guide our leadership team throughout the year.
- Responsible for keeping compliance with safety records, reports and communications / updates.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, policies and regulations.
- Ensure that all HR policies are applied consistently and communicated effectively.
- Support activities at the site location to drive programs that encourage employee empowerment and engagement.
- Drive a continuous improvement process to aggressively identify and address improvement opportunities.
Required interpersonal & behavioral skills
- Ability to problem-solve
- Ability to concentrate on tasks, make decisions and work calmly and effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize and accurately prioritize work, be detail-oriented, understand when urgency is required and use sound judgment in varied situations
- Demonstrated experience driving process improvements and working within a continuous improvement culture
- Strong skills in building relationships and handling conflict
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in dealing with highly confidential information
- Strong written and oral presentation and skills
- Ability to facilitate
- Ability to relate well with many different employees across many different functional areas
- High level of customer service focus
- A true hands on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Success in creating and driving effective and positive employee relations
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvements
- BA or BS degree in Human Resources or related field
- MA Degree preferred
- Senior level of knowledge related to legal employment practices and Federal/State labor laws
- Minimum of 5 -10 years HR experience in dealing with both office and factory floor associates in a manufacturing environment
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary with earnings growth potential
- Company sponsored major medical insurance
- Dental and vision insurance plans available
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Life insurance coverage
- Stock Ownership – ESOP
Aberdeen Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.